What’s the problem with conceptual art?
It’s not whether you think it’s bollocks, or that you don’t get it, or even that it doesn’t address the world you live in.
The problem with conceptual art is that it doesn’t stay conceptual, it gets made – in the age of austerity and the internet, this is no longer necessary.
Continuing in the tradition of Yoko Ono’s Grapefruit, I feel that if a piece needs an essay to explain it, perhaps it’s the essay that needs more attention.
Perhaps the essay is the art?
These are not instructions, this is Descriptive Art, welcome to simianAmber.
Descriptive Art e-Book
- At Last £0.99Drugs Add to cart
- How far can you piss £0.99Weapons Add to cart
- Is this novel? £0.99One Liners Add to cart
- Musselman £0.99Holocaust Add to cart
- Olympic £0.99Drugs Add to cart
- Piss Off £0.99The Built Environment Add to cart
- WTF £0.99One Liners Add to cart
- You are what you eat £0.99Money Add to cart